Organic coconut oil - 1L Koro

Regular price
15,10 €
Regular price
15,90 €
Sale price
15,10 €

  • Organic Agriculture
  • Unrefined and additive free
  • Extremely heat resistant
  • Suitable for cooking, frying and baking
  • natural skin care product
  • Rich in MCTs
This organic coconut oil is a truly versatile product: in the kitchen, as a beauty product or for the household. Its smell and taste are subtle and discreet, which makes it even easier to use. Voir plus
10 customers are viewing this product
Free Delivery
KOKOS_002_01vmcRxc1u3ToCD.jpg

Organic coconut oil - 1L Koro

15,10 €

Organic coconut oil - 1L Koro

15,10 €
Product Description

Why coconut oil?

Coconut oil withstands high temperatures: it does not deteriorate under heat and does not become toxic, which makes it a very interesting oil for cooking. Its smoke point, i.e. the temperature at which smoke is detected and toxic compounds begin to form, is 232°C when refined. Please note that unrefined coconut oil is less resistant to heat, its smoke point being 177°C.

Coconut oil is a real all-rounder, whether it's for cooking, beauty or household use. Its smell and taste are subtle and discreet, which makes it even easier to use.

Coconut oil for athletes

MCT oil or TCM oil in French means that it is composed of fatty acids whose length is 6 to 12 carbon atoms.

*MCT is the acronym for Medium Chain Triglycerides. We speak of triglycerides when the fatty acids are in the oil form.

MCT oil is made using a process called fractionation, which consists of extracting fatty acids according to their molecular mass. This makes it possible to formulate a tailor-made oil.

Nutribe MCT Oil contains C8 and C10 fatty acids. Indeed, scientific publications show that C8 and C10 act synergistically on cellular metabolism.

MCT oil is a safe product used in the medical sphere. It is used in formula milk for premature babies and tube feeding. It is prescribed in the treatment of epilepsy and when there is a deficiency in metabolizing long-chain fatty acids.

Because of their small size, C8 and C10 fatty acids are released when leaving the stomach. They do not need to travel through the lymphatic channel like long chain fatty acids.

The liver converts part of it into ketones (or ketone bodies) which serve as fuel for the brain and the heart, the organs that consume the most energy.

C8 and C10 fatty acids are also burned unchanged by brain and muscle cells. They easily cross the membrane of mitochondria, the energy centers of cells.

In summary, these fatty acids are not stored, the body prefers to use them as energy.

Please note that coconut oil is 40% long chain saturated fat. And the remaining 60% in coconut oil is saturated medium-chain fats, including lauric acid. Virgin coconut oil is a source of vitamin E.

Coconut oil in the kitchen

In the kitchen, it is ideal for cooking and baking. Coconut oil withstands high temperatures such as frying and gives your dishes a fine note of slightly sweet coconut. It can also replace butter and vegetate traditional recipes in no time. Good to know: coconut oil does not contain cholesterol!

Coconut oil for your care

In the bathroom, coconut oil is THE product to have. It can be used as a natural conditioner, to nourish or soothe dry skin after waxing and shaving, for rough lips in winter and even stop itchy scalp. It also moisturizes problem skin such as eczema or psoriasis. And some swear by this oil for beard care, while others use it to whiten their teeth. Also, coconut oil can contain up to 60% lauric acid, making it a very good tick repellent, even on pets.

The particularity of KORO organic coconut oil

Organic coconut oil is obtained from the flesh of freshly picked ripe coconuts. They are harvested by hand, sorted and then brought to the mill. The result is a clear oil, neither refined nor bleached. Coconut oil only becomes liquid from 26°, which is why it is often presented in solid form.
It comes from controlled organic farming and is free of additives.

Nutrition values ​​

Origin: Philippines

L'infographie

Lire l'infographie

Similar Products